Friday, January 9, 2015

A Blistery Day and a Random Post.

I gotta say as much as I'm not at all a morning person, being able to work an eight hour shift and clock out of work by noontime is really wonderful. Plus I get the chance to be pretty lazy the rest of the day while also getting a ton of stuff done (As in, put away a stupid amount of laundry and finish organizing my bedroom that has been neglected for far too long...) And to top it all off I left work in the middle of a normal day in the life of a New Englander: It was snowing as I watched the sun peak out from behind the clouds.

I decided that I need to stop spending so much time pinning "How to Make Money With Your Blog" pins and you know... Write on my blog. So here I am, writing for no reason whatsoever except to, you got it, WRITE!

I bought a really nice pink notebook at Target on Tuesday that I am dedicating to being my Blog Book! Whenever I'm out and about, or sitting at home and inspiration strikes, I am going to outline my thoughts into a (hopefully) interesting post! I'm not much of a planner when it comes to posting on here as you can probably tell by my sporadic posting. I figured having an obnoxious and bright notebook compared to the black notebook I used to have would be helpful in this!

(Hope you enjoy my awkward handwriting)

Since I was out of work and home by 12:30 I was trying to make folding laundry less dreadful by thinking of my blog and my brandy new Blog Book. I am a true believer in outlining and thinking ahead when it comes to writing anything -- I'm just not that good at taking my own advice. So there's a New Years Resolution: ORGANIZE FIRST.

***

One of the things that I wrote in my Blog Book is what do I want out of this blog? I know I've said it before and some people probably just read this blog to be nosy and could care less where I'm taking my blog, but I want to have some sort of idea what I'll be posting, and when. Almost like theme days!

I haven't really decided exactly what I'm doing in regards to posting certain criteria on certain days. However I do know I want to post just about anything at this point. I need to stop being so afraid of what people are going to say about me, or think about this blog. If I want to do a food, book, movie, TV show review I'm gonna do it! If I feel like taking some nice mirror/self-timer selfies for an #ootd post then you're gonna see my clothes! Do I want to talk politics, religion or the topics that society seems to deem "Unmentionable"? Definitely someday, because I have big thoughts that are not filtered because of my big mouth. I'm going to post absolutely anything and everything; whatever me, the writer, damn pleases. I'm being repetitive from earlier posts; I just needed to remind myself that by running this blog I'm working towards my dreams and that's all that should matter :)


I am SO guilty of sitting on Pinterest (Reoccurring themes this post, I know!) and looking at quotes and books and motivational speeches. I happened to notice this particular post right up front on the "Popular" page not too long ago and immediately fell in love. Admittedly I had no idea what works this quote came from, or if it was a misquote or what have you at first. I decided if it was in any of Fitzgerald's novels I was going to read it immediately. And from what I found was that it was a quote from the screenplay of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Hey, I still instagramed it. No shame.

I fell in love with the idea of this quote. It doesn't matter if you're fresh out of high school looking to recreate how your peer perceive you as you venture into college life, or just graduated from college, or found a job, whatever, and you realize you aren't happy with yourself. Find what makes your heart race with excitement and anticipation. Think about what you find your mind wandering to in the middle of the night when you're tossing and turning, overthinking about the job you are going to sign your life away to working day after day. And if you find a job and realize it isn't as rewarding as you first believed it to be: QUIT. Move on. Find your niche. Let yourself be happy at your job. Let yourself be happy in general. Don't work your life away just to get that paycheck to make your bills. Find something that makes you happy. Find something where on Monday mornings you are jumping out of bed at the thought of your job. Life is too damn short to waste away inside a building you dread seeing. Be courageous, be selfish. It won't kill you, I promise.

------


Here I am at the tail end of another seemingly pointless post. I feel better than I wrote SOMETHING, even if it seems as though I'm just talking to my computer screen and writing down whatever comes into my brain. I'm still working on organizing and pre-planning my posts, guys! I only bought my notebook three days ago! (........) 

Do I have any advice for the masses, or another Pinterest-discovered quote? If you guessed yes to both, then you win!

My advice? Do what you love. Do not ever be ashamed of chasing after your dreams no matter how utterly insane they may seem right now. There are going to be bumps in the road. There will be people who tell you that your dreams are stupid, or unreachable, and people who will try to make you feel inferior. People will laugh at you. And you know what? Fuck them. *insert peace emoji*

Now I bid you farewell with a collage of some of my favorite Words I have found on my (never-ending) Pinning journey:













Find me on Pinterest :) I also repin way too many food and drink recipes.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment